So, if you are the one who is suffering from a terrible kind of wax burn, then here we are going to reveal some gorgeous secrets with you by which you can easily get rid out of those wax burns easily.
However, having a wax burn can be very painful and irritating at the same time; that’s why it is important to heal it right there at the moment for better protection. Thus, you need to keep yourself safe and free of wax burns; then you have to follow up these below mention rules and tricks so that you can easily get rid of wax burns quickly and more safely.
But, first, we need to tell you something more about the wax burn and it causes, so that next time you will be more careful.
Table of Contents
- What Is A Wax Burn?
- When or Why Does It Happens – Causes of Wax Burns?
- Treatment of Wax Burn:
- Final Verdict:
What Is A Wax Burn?
Well, as we know that wax burns can become very painful yet irritated, but you don’t need to worry about this. Whether the parts of your body were burned by applying the wax hair removal meanwhile, or maybe by a candle, as well as in some other battle with hot wax, you can find several steps here by which you can easily and conveniently take out the moment to further relieve the pain and of course, treat the burn. So, first start with the causes of wax burn, what steps make you fail and cause you wax burn?
When or Why Does It Happens – Causes of Wax Burns?
Some of the below mention reasons may give you the stage of the wax burning situation which can be irritating and after some time, provide you with lots of burning pain, especially at the time of washing the face.
Also, wax burns can leave some serious scars as well, which can end up with terrific skin damage issues. That’s why it is crucial to treat the wax burn at the spot immediately.
Although, we have seen many people out there who go wrong with the waxing steps by which they end up with lots of wax burning marks all over their faces and necks. Some of the main causes of wax burning are mention below.
Lack of Waxing Preparation:
So the best thing to start your waxing would be a clean empty room, where no one can disturb you at the time of waxing. A little negligence at the time of waxing application may increase the chances of such accidents. So, to avoid such burning situations, you need to prepare an empty room before you start the actual process.
However, you need to collect the important things before starting your waxing such as a wax heater, sticks, towels, strips, and even though, pre- and post-depilatory lotions handy, so that you don’t need to leave the room again and again for picking up these things.
It is very important to keep all the essential things in a kind of a waxing cart so that you will be free at the time of waxing.
Not Testing the Waxing Product:
That’s the main cause of having wax burns because people don’t check the product before application and that’s where they end up with burnings. Though, it is always better to be safe than feel sorry after that. Wax burning is a serious thing which can leave some permanent scars as well.
Try the wax on a small part of your skin. Then, you may need to check the wax temperature as well, if its hot wax then checks the temperature first before your final waxing steps. Always make sure to test the wax on some hidden part of the skin like the backside of your ear. If it leaves you with itching or irritation, then don’t try to proceed the steps with it.
Lack of Practice or No Experience:
So, another biggest problem behind the cause of wax burning is lack of experience. Many youngsters start doing their waxing, and that’s the biggest mistake to save some bucks, they end up with terrible burning scars and other issues.
Learn the steps of waxing via some professional, not just from videos or pictures. You need to learn the steps of waxing and from where to pull up the stick or how to apply the wax, or how much temperature you needed for the wax, and much more. You need to learn these things properly before starting your wax. Learn it and do it.
Using Low Quality or Expiry Products:
Just stop doing gambling with your skin now. You need to make your skin your priority before others. Why buying such low-quality products for your skin, which can give you some other skin related issues? Why you can’t check the expiry date of your waxing product or notice the manufacturing date at least.
Applying low-quality wax products or expiry ones can give you serious skin issues like wax burning, itching, terrible red marks, pain, and much more. So, always try to buy the actual quality wise products, especially for your skin.
Don’t Know the Ingredients Inside the Waxing:
This also can give you severe wax burning issues if you have got any allergies with some ingredients. For example, people are allergic to lemon extracts, and if their waxing products have made with such an ingredient, then it might be causing them with burning issues.
Check the ingredient label below the waxing product so that you can know what ingredients are used in the product and you can save yourself from being burned. If your skin is normal then buy the waxing product targeted to normal skin, if the skin is dry, then go with the dry one.
Treatment of Wax Burn:
Treat your wax burn skin parts with these simple tips and get ease with your waxing process. We will show you the different treatment of wax burning according to the parts of your skin, so choose your treatment wisely.
Treat Wax Burn on Eyebrows:
Well, that’s a tricky technique used by many professionals to shape the eyebrows easily and less painfully. If you got stuck with the wax burning on your eyebrows, then do these following mention tips.
- Treatment 1: Place a cold compress over the affected eyebrow area to cool down the irritation. Don’t put ice directly onto the skin; this may cause further irritation.
- Treatment 2: Go with the aloe vera gel, while applying the gel over the wax to treat the burning situation instantly. Because, Aloe vera gel is a kind of natural treatment, which can easily soothe the burning irritation on the skin. Well, for better feel, try to apply the refrigerated aloe vera gel for instant calmness and cooling effect.
- Treatment 3: Take help with an antibiotic ointment; this will help you out with the burning pain and protect you from infections as well.
- Treatment 4: Immediately take help with acetaminophen, aspirin, or ibuprofen to easily slow down the pain and swelling effects on the eyebrows.
- Treatment 5: Don’t wax again, until the situation calms down.
- Treatment 6: Apply a little bit of powder over the burning area so that you can find a reduction in swelling.
Treat Wax Burn on Upper Lips:
This is such a normal wax burning situation that happens with almost every other girl. To wrongly pull out the waxing strip or apply too much wax can give you the cause of wax burning on the upper lip area, here are tips by which you can heal the burning spot immediately.
- Treatment 1: Lavender essential oil can play a vital role to cool down the burning pain over the upper lips area. Make a combination with two drops of coconut oil, jojoba oil, and lavender oil, mix them up and apply on the affected area with the help of a cotton pad.
- Treatment 2: Clean the extra wax left on the affected area with baby oil, then apply a thick amount of Neosporin (gel or cream, which you find easily) then put a cube of ice over it (wrap the ice in a paper towel). Wait till the ice gets melt, this will heal the burning irritation and leaves the skin undamaged.
- Treatment 3: Argan oil is also very helpful to cool down the burning irritation and leaves the skin supple. Just a few drops over the affected area can give you a soothing moment.
Treat Wax Burn on Skin:
Skin, the essential part which can damage easily just with a little bit of wrong wax application or even with the low-quality product. To treat the wax burn on your skin, you need to follow up these tricks.
- Treatment 1: Immediately, apply a cold icy cloth piece over the affected area to ease the irritation or pain. Leave the cloth piece for about several seconds, until the temperature of the cloth become normal. Repeat this step for the next 3 to 4 times a day, or until you see no redness or itchiness onto the affected area.
- Treatment 2: Apply soothing lotions or essential oils for at least four days to get rid of the mark and swelling issue.
- Treatment 3: Take help with a topical antibiotic and apply a thick coating onto the affected area. However, do not apply such antibiotic creams over the bleeding or raw skin conditions; you can use only the cream over the burning area.
Treat Wax Burn on Leg:
The waxing product can leave your leg with burning effects by which you can experience pain and uncomfortable aches. You can easily cover yourself with this situation by doing one of these given tricks.
- Treatment 1: Running the cold water over the affected area for about several seconds. Just stand to relax and keep the chilled water running over the skin; this will immediately calm down the redness and burning pain.
- Treatment 2: If the running water doesn’t help you out with the pain, go with the ice wrapping process. Take a piece of cloth, put a solid cube of ice, fold it, and then wrap it around the affected area. Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes, or until you see that the ice melts, unwrap it.
- Treatment 3: Aloe Vera gel is very effective for burning conditions; however, the things is that the gel should be cooled enough to start the healing.
Treat Wax Burn on Chin/Arm:
If you are suffering from the terrible wax burning on your chin or arms, then here with these treatments, you can easily heal the wax burn on the chin and as well as you can use the same treatment to treat a wax burn on the arm.
- Treatment 1: First, remove the excess wax on the affected area; you can use wipes or baby oil for easy cleaning. Once the excess wax removed, apply a thick coating of Aleovera gel (remember the gel should be refrigerated and chilled). By doing this, your skin will come out soft and better with no redness left on it.
- Treatment 2: Cool the skin immediately when you got burn with the wax. But it doesn’t mean to apply ice directly, always make sure to wrap up the ice in a piece of cloth and then put it onto the affected area. Once the skin cools down, then you can bandage the area to further prevent from any infections.
However, you can apply these above mention treatments to Treat wax burn on the finger further as well. These treatments are so essential and very helpful to immediately cover the redness, irritation, itchiness, and other skin damages.
Treat Wax Burn on Your Face:
Treating wax burn on your face can be very tricky, but you can easily get rid of the burning pain and swelling effect from the wax burn easily at your own home. For wax burns in common (skin burning and redness), you need to follow up the steps below to easily cure the pain.
After you have applied these below mention process repeatedly a couple of times, you will see a good improvement in the healing process. Otherwise, if you don’t see much improvement in the affected area, then you need to consult with your doctor.
- Treatment 1: As we told you above that the cooling process is very crucial after getting wax burn. So, if any part of your body get burned during the waxing, immediately apply ice or chilled cloth piece over it. You can also be running down the chill water over the affected area for better improvement. If the burn is small or minor, the chilled water or ice wrap could be enough. Otherwise, you need to take some other effective steps.
- Treatment 2: So, if the burn is average and more of a minor, then go with the Aloe vera gel applying option. This is a natural soothing remedy which is the best for treating burning effects.
- Treatment 3: If the wax burn is severe and more like blood coming from it, you need to immediately wipe out the excess wax with the help of baby oil or mild wipes. Apply a nice coating of honey + aloe vera + and few drops of essential oil (you can take any oil you like the most), mix all the things and apply on the affected area with a stick, then bandage it completely to prevent from the infections.
- Treatment 4: apply pure honey onto the burning area; this will also treat the spot just like an aloe vera.
Treat Wax Burn Scars:
So, removing the scars of wax burn can be very tough and hard, but still, you have many options to easily get rid of those scars after following one of these treatments.
- Treatment 1: Go with the purchase of OTC lotion or cream, which has ingredients that include alpha hydroxy acids. Because alpha hydroxy acids can exfoliate the skin and further wipe out the dead tissues, and it also helps for repairing the tissues to reduce the scars.
- Treatment 2: If you are not okay with the above treatment, then apply a silicone gel all over the wax scars. This will be helpful to soothe the scars and its irritations.
- Treatment 3: However, you can also take help with the surgery methods such as Dermabrasion treatments which are a very aggressive method to easily get rid of terrible wax burn scars and as well as may claim a few weeks or so for a quick recovery.
- Treatment 4: Vitamin E is the best source to lighten the wax burn scars easily. It may take some time, but this is the safest method ever to get rid of the scars.
So, that’s how you can treat your wax burning issues easily at your place. However, always make sure to try the product before applying to protect yourself from any such conditions. And of course, if you have any other ideas and helpful tricks to treat wax burns, then kindly share with us in our comment section below and help others.