Women just can’t live without doing their eyes. Makeup has no look if you haven’t makeover your eyes, this is something that a girl lives on. Doing your eyes usually means applying the Kohl, Eyeliner, Mascara, or eyeshade. The main thing girls normally use is Kajal, Eyeliner and Mascara, eyeshades are normally used when you have a special event or something.
Here in this article, we will be talking about the major differences between the Kajal, Eyeliner and Mascara and how they affect your makeup look and enhance it to another level.
Table of Contents
Kajal vs. Eyeliner vs. Mascara
What is Kajal?
Kajal is an eye makeup product that is applied on the waterline of your upper and lower eyelids. It adds a nice intensity on your eyes to look it more intense and also helps to look your eyelashes more fuller.
Does Kohl add a sharp look to your eyes?
Kohl and Kajal are just nearly the same as the Kajal is a Hindi term while Kohl is Arabic’s. Kohl actually contains the organic ingredients that can’t harm your eyes, such as juices that are extracted from trees and minerals. You can put kohl inside your eye without any worry. The ingredients and the specific mixing galena gives it a deep black color.
The texture of this product is kind of watery and creamy so you can easily apply it without having tears. The natural ingredients in the product give a soothing feeling to your eyes.
Uses of Kajal:
- Some people use it as an eyeliner sometimes to sharpen their eyes but because of its milky texture, it doesn’t last long.
- The old people use it as a protection item for their eyes to protect them from infections and even sun rays. Kohl is not specified for a singular gender as both men and women use it because of its benefits and amazing eye look results.
- In some regions, people also use kajal for protecting their kids from bad/evil eye. It is also used to protect the eyes from infections and sharp sun rays. Kohl also protects the eye from having cataracts and moisturizes it.
What is Eyeliner?
Eyeliners are made of three main ingredients, film former’s, pigments and thickeners.
Pigments are used to define the color of the eyeliner. From the pencil, gel to cake eyeliner there are endless ideas you can use to apply it. You can use these different types but they all have the same main purpose that is to emphasize the beauty of your eyes.
The first time eyeliner got used was in Egypt as they used it to apply around the eyes as a dark black line.
As compared to Kohl, eyeliner is usually used by women and men don’t prefer this product that much.
You can choose your comforting form of this product as it comes in many forms such as Liquid form, pencil form, powder and gel form. You must be aware of the fact that these different forms got different purposes and usage. You have to pick one according to your needs.
If we talk about the ingredients here, then we can say that Kohl is better in this category as eyeliner is not made from organic ingredients, that is why it has a harsh texture. If you are thinking about applying it on the waterline of your eye then skip this though because this is not a very good idea. Eyeliner is designed for the upper and lower outside part of your eyes so don’t practice it applying inside of it.
Uses of Eyeliner:
- Eyeliner is a daily used product that defines the eyes to look bigger and wider.
- The main purpose of designing it is to shape your upper and lower eyelids.
- It plays a very vital role in making your eyes more alluring.
- It highlights your eyes from outside and provides them with a sharp shape.
- It creates many aesthetic effects and is applied around the contours of the eyes.
What is Mascara?
We know that eyes are the perfect reflection of our soul, and if we say that lashes are the perfect curtain for that, then it won’t be bad.
So, let’s start with the definition first.
Mascara is also an eye product that is composed of black pigments that stays together by various waxes and oils.
There are some different kinds of mascara in the market as waterproof and washable. We don’t actually have to discuss their purpose as their names say it all.
The washable Mascara is made with a high amount of water content so it is easy to remove them. If you are worried about your lashes, then go for the washable ones because it holds a large amount of water and can be washed easily and is good for the lash’s health. It tends to be more flexible so you can perfectly remove it after your need.
There is a drawback to these washable mascaras which is, they do not dry totally which leaves dark marks on your eyelids or around your eyes. You can avoid them if you don’t take the lash’s health seriously. (This is one of the most traumatic issues for the ones who have faced it, so try to use this one if it is not necessary to go for the waterproof one).
The waterproof Mascara contain less amount of water and sometimes none of it, so it is quite hard to remove it.
It is made to last. They can even bear heavy rain, tears, sweat and any sort of watery situation. We aren’t actually talking about being bulletproofed, but yes it lasts long and stays still as long as you want. It leaves marks but that is better if we compare it from the washable one’s marks, cause it rather looks like a shadow more than a mark. The name says it all, it is designed to last long.
Whenever we have an important event coming we pretty much look for waterproof mascara, so we can have a comforting eye makeup without any issues. You must use makeup remover to remove it or an oil cleanser to remove it gently without hurting your eyes.
Uses of Mascara:
- Each mascara offers different types of promises but they basically have the same purpose, to smother your lashes and make them look intense, curvy and large.
- It is designed to give a lengthening and darken look to your eyes by intensifying and thickening your eyelashes, which pretty much draws attention to your eyes.
So, when you would have started reading this post, you were unsure of the differences between kajal, mascara and eyeliner but hopefully after reading this post all your doubts would be clear by now. We have discussed everything basic regarding them, from which brushes are used to apply them to their ingredients and purpose.