Are you worried about how to apply smooth, flawless and long lasting foundation?
Everyone loves flawless skin and wants to do makeup which can enhance the face features. For this purpose it’s mandatory to have some good products to use and apply foundation perfectly.
There are some easy steps which can lead you to the exact thing which you want. Firstly, you have to wash your face and then moisturize it with any moisturizer. Secondly, apply primer, then figure out your undertone and do color correcting. In the last, Apply foundation and concealer to set your skin complexion.
This is one of the most important and basic step in your makeup.
Table of Contents
- Tip to Apply Foundation:
- Why Applying Smooth Foundation is Important and What it Does in Makeup?
- Tools (Applicators) For Coverage:
Tip to Apply Foundation:
There are some hacks and tips mentioned below step by step, which can give you a subtle and flawless look.
1. Wash Your Face:
- Wash your face to clean unwanted oil, dead cells of the skin, dirt and all types of pollution.
- It unclogs pores which is very important for a flawless skin.
- It also prevents you from acne and other skin sensitivities.
- Make it a part of your daily skin care routine for a better results. (Use toner too if you are not wearing makeup after washing face)
- It keeps your skin fresh and healthy.
Which Type Of Face Washes Are Best Considering Your Skin Type?
- FOR OILY SKIN: Prefer those face washes which are formulated with less harsh chemicals. It will keep your skin healthy as well as drying and will not irritate you for a long period.
- FOR DRY SKIN: Best facial cleansers for dry skin are those that won’t strip oil from your skin. You can also use mild soap it keeps your natural moisturize.
- FOR COMBINATION SKIN: For normal to oily or combination skin and acne prone skin you have to prefer hydrating cleansers that rinse your face completely. Lightweight hydrating face wash gives you a silky texture.
2. Moisturize Your Face:
Moisturizing after cleansing your face is mandatory. It has a very important role in your makeup. It gives you accurate look because it helps to prevent you from a foundation breakouts. Choose your moisturizer with respect to your skin type. The right moisturizer would help regulate sebum production whilst hydrating your skin.
- Treating oily skin is an ongoing battle, keep your eyes on those skin serums which are oil free. It will keep your foundation for a longer time. If you mostly spend your time outside so use those moisturizer which have sun protector too.
- If you have a dry skin, use lightweight cream moisturizer.
- If you have acne and sensitive skin use serum which has salicylic acid.
3. Apply Primer On Your Face:
- Basically primer is use for filling the pores of your face, minimize them and makes the skin unblemished. It controls oil too.
- Primer transforms your face into smooth canvas ideal for long lasting makeup ap
- Its formula has vitamin A, C and E to help boost complexion.
- Foundation can’t go smoothly if your skin is rough and dry. The formula of primers of dry skin has one additional dose of moisture which gives subtle finish and prevent from flaky patches.
- To apply primer, take some amount of primer and dab it onto your Dab it with the help of your fingers and you can also use makeup brush. But it’s better to blend it with fingers. Don’t forget to apply on your eyelids.
- Apply thin layer of primer.
4. Color Correcting Of Your Skin:
Color correcting is also one of the most important step but some of you missed it. There are various colors available for correction. Every color use for different role.
- Green covers your blemishes, and redness as well.
- Orangey-pink targets your dark spots and dark circles.
- Pinkish corrects dull skin. It also hides spots on fair skin.
- Yellow cancels dark shadows like purple and blue on tan skin.
- Peach corrects purple and blue shadow on medium complexion.
- Lavender (mauve) corrects yellow colored skin.
How to Figure out Undertone?
- Observed if you have slightly red, pink or blue color in your skin.
- If your veins of your wrist are blue or purplish.
- In daylight or in the presence of sun, your skin feels blue-ish type.
- If silver jewelry suits you more than gold so you have cool undertone.
- Here, don’t consider your own like and dislike.
- Just identify either gold or silver complements you the most.
If you are belonging to above observations so you have cool undertone.
- If your veins appear green then you have warm undertone.
- It could be slightly olive, chocolaty color too.
- If skin has gold and peachy tinge.
- If your skin becomes yellowish or bronze in sunlight.
- Don’t forget to apply sun blocker. Whenever go outside.
- If gold jewelry makes you dazzling and silver makes you look dull.
- If you have blue to green veins on your wrist or appears onto face.
- This color also called teal (Mixture of both colors).
- Skin has neither cool undertone colors tinge nor warm.
- The colors should be between them.
- If your skin seems to be greenish in sun.
- Put a necklace or a bracelet on your skin and check.
- If you rock both of them then you’ve neutral skin tone.
Now, by the above hints you can easily find your undertone. When you determined your undertone, keep your eyes on those number of foundations which can work well on your skin. Brands and companies mention C, W, and N on their products. They usually use ‘C’ for cool, ‘W’ for warm and ‘N’ for neutral. If there is no label so they are classified in pinkish and gold hue.
Find your shade:
- You have specific choices available related to your There are always some keywords or labels mentioned on the product so if you belong to cool undertone. Look for those products which have keywords like fawn beige, and tan. These products contains bit more pink color.
- If you are warm toned so go with those shades which include warm beige, and golden. They look yellowish in the bottle.
- If you are neutral toned so it will be somewhere between pink and yellowish. Most of the companies does not mentioned it because these colors cancel each other.
5. Apply Foundation onto Your Face:
- Take some amount of foundation in your hand and dab it onto your chin, nose, forehead, cheeks and neck as well. You can directly dab it onto your face.
- If you need sheer or light coverage so dab it with your fingertips.
- If you need medium or full coverage so dab it with beauty sponge or foundation brush.
- Blend the foundation towards the edges of your face.
- Blending is the key. The well you blend the well result you will get.
- Apply foundation in the form of layers.
- Don’t forget to apply on your neck and ears area.
If your skin is oily:
Oily skin? It means there are more chances to have breakouts, acne and prone skin.
Don’t worry, there are some hacks mentioned below that how to deal with it.
- First apply light layers of liquid matte
- It will help to minimize flaws without causing new breakouts.
- Use the concealer brush or fingertips to cover your dark circles, redness and blemishes.
- After applying liquid Add powder foundation as final coat. It also prevents you from patches. If you don’t like powder you can use a mousse foundation or a water-based liquid foundation instead.
- It controls oil and make it more long lasting.
- Apply even layers to get good results and don’t make it cakey.
- The more you blend,the less likely you are to see spots and imperfections on your skin.
- Don’t use those concealers and foundations which contain huge amount of moisturizer.
APPLY LOOSE POWDER:
- Translucent matte powder acts as a sealer of a makeup.
- Apply it with kabuki brush.
- Move the brush in a circular way and from inside to outside onto your face.
- This helps to control huge amount of oil.
Why Applying Smooth Foundation is Important and What it Does in Makeup?
- Foundation is one of the very basic thing to build your makeup. Foundation acts like base of the building and without it makeup can’t get finishing and subtle look.
- It has the ability to hide your blemishes, skin redness, and flaws. It has the formula which creates a uniform color complexion, flawless skin and give even tone to your complexion.
- Foundation has different shades according to your skin complexion and it’s so mandatory to choose perfect shade with respect to your If you choose it well so you are going to the right way.
- Right color shade should be invisible on your neck even in daylight.
- If you can’t match it perfectly then you will have to face some issues, g.; If you are tan so choose neither much fairer nor much darker.
- If your neck and face have different color complexion so choose foundation which matches your jawline. Otherwise, it will look fake or horrible.
Tools (Applicators) For Coverage:
- Applying foundation by fingers is really easy and free.
- Using fingers doesn’t waste money as compared to other applicators.
- You don’t need to carry any tool with you.
- You don’t have to buy anything. You will save some money here!
- It will give sheer
- You can blend it well because human fingers are warm.
- Good for go-to makeup.
- It could be cakey and messy sometime.
- Those who have oily skin become even oilier.
- Some of you do rubbing instead of blending. It proves to be harsh especially for dry skin type.
- If your hands are not properly wash before applying it, so you are spreading bacteria and dirt around your face.
- Doesn’t have much control as compared to other tools.
- Doesn’t cover all the areas properly.
Beauty Blenders or Sponges:
- Sponges come in different shapes.
- It will give sheer to medium coverage.
- You can dampen sponge as much as you wish for desired layers.
- They absorb a huge amount of foundation.
- Need replacement in months.
- You can carry it too. But it catch dirt immediately.
- Most of the people including artists use brushes.
- Brush blends foundation very fast.
- Layers will not be cakey.
- It will give you the most natural
- Will not cause you breakouts.
- Give you the greatest finish.
- Don’t harsh and harm skin. Prove to be hygienic as well.
- Difficult to carry.
- Cheap cost brushes leave hair on face and stick with the foundation.
My favorite kabuki brush:
- Kabuki brush is mostly used for large spaces of face. The main purpose of this brush is to apply loose powder. But it is also used as a foundation blender. For applying blush, bronzer, face powder and etc.
- It creates a very even and natural texture on skin. Which is my favorite.
- Its design is very pretty and hair is really soft.
- You feel comfortable when you move it onto you face.
What would we do if natural oil will inevitably seep through your foundation?
Majority of us are doing job and working hours are so long.
What will happen if natural oil comes out throughout the day? Huh!
This brings sadness to life that you had perfect matte and smooth finish and at some point in the day oil comes out. It will definitely ruin you makeup!
But wait! Everything has a solution ladies.
We can fix it.
- Use blotting paper.
- It will remove the spots of oil from your face without wiping away your makeup.
HOW TO REDUCE NATURAL OIL WITHOUT WIPING AWAY YOUR MAKEUP:
Blotting papers are inexpensive and available
- Carefully press a sheet of blotting paper only onto the oily spot.
- Do not rub it across your entire face. It will cause you the worst situation.
- When the oil is absorbed in the sheet, peel the paper off of your skin carefully.
- Then use matte face which you used in previous step (after applying foundation) and cover that area.
- The powder will help to absorb remaining oil and will make complexion even again.
- Use a puff, sponge, or beauty blender to press the powder into the oily spot. Don’t touch your face by fingers. It will make powder sticky and greasy.
For this purpose, you have to carry powder in your bag.
- So always carry powder with you.
- Instead you can buy those blotting papers too which absorb oil and leave powder onto the spots.
B-B cream can also prove to be very useful for oily skin, especially if it is non-comedogenic (Does not block pores) and if it is formulated especially for oily skin.
You can use a matte moisturizer or matte primer before applying it, and the best long-lasting results occur when you set it with setting or loose powder too.
If your skin is dry:
Dry skin? The first thing that comes in mind is ‘already have flaky skin and wearing foundation will make it more complicated’.
How to apply foundation on this type of skin?
There are very easy steps for it.
GET RID OF DEAD SKIN (Exfoliate):
- It’s important to remove the dry flakes of skin every night.
- Hydrate your skin by those products which are petroleum based.
- You can use lightweight cream moisturizer too. It will give you moisturizing look.
FOUNDATIONS FOR DRY SKIN:
- Use cream, liquid, or stick foundations as their consistency is more moisturizing and all you need is a good moisture.
- Use ‘cream products’ and ‘cream to powder products’. They make you look greasy and shiny.
- Select those foundations which will give you dewy and luminous finish. Do not use matte
- Don’t use powders! It will absorb all your moisture and make your skin drier than before. They will play the role of your enemy.
- Use beauty blenders, sponge and brushes to blend.
- Don’t blend it by fingers especially when your skin is really dry because blending by fingers will absorb moisture and product both.
If your skin is combination:
- Combination skin is definitely a combination of oily and dry skin.
- Mostly, combination skin feels oily around the T-zone (nose, chin, and forehead) and the rest areas of the face are dry.
- In terms of the formulation, choose one which will leave your skin hydrated without weighing it dull, while help minimizing the appearance of pores
- You can use both either liquid or powder foundation.
- Apply more powder foundation in your T-zone and less powder onto your cheeks and other dry areas.
For sensitive skin:
- Look for those soothing foundations, which are mineral-based.
- Foundation should be hypoallergenic.
- Prefer those foundations which are non-comedogenic (don’t clogs your pores) too.
- Which are free of irritants like fragrance, dye and so many chemicals because they prevent reactions and keep skin calm and healthy.
- Use face lotion and tinted moisturizer.
For full coverage:
- Use ‘Loose-powder’ mineral foundation.
- Apply two layers with kabuki brush.
- It contains pure mineral pigment. Which can hide your imperfections perfectly.
For medium coverage:
- Use Water-based liquid mineral foundation.
- Look for water as its ingredient or “aqua” in the name carefully.
- You can apply it with fingers.
If you have an uneven complexion and want good coverage, select medium to full coverage formula. Foundation does not damage your skin but carefully read its ingredients while buying any product. If you need particular coverage so keeping it in your mind, visit local counters and check multiple skin tones. Do not select immediately give it a minute to absorb and then decide. It is one of the most satisfying method. Select one, which looks most realistic and natural on your face and not looking like any mask.
Now it’s your turn!
Now I’d like to hear from you.
Are you excited to try these tips?
Did I miss any of your favorite thing in these steps of applying foundation?
Do you have any question about this article?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
Leave a Reply