We are strong patrons to the confident belief that bold lipsticks can help redefine the number of age. It took no longer for science to prove the beliefs of many, according to the latest research study done by Professor Richard Russell, our assumptions of one’s age can merely be made by the combination of colors applied to their faces.
A numerous number of researchers have researched and are compiling up with different methods to obtain results. The major purpose of the application of makeup is to look the absolute best that you can, and if this means looking younger, then right color lipstick may just be the answer.
Luckily, various lip colors have been a huge trend for every changing season. So if applying lipstick makes you look younger along with keeping you up with trends, it may just be a bounty for us. There are numerous questions that arise,
Table of Contents
Why Do We Put on Lipstick?
- It makes your lips look attractive.
- It helps enlighten your face.
- It helps to restore the softness and protects them.
- It sometimes helps indicate your mood.
Moreover, if you choose the right shade, it may even help you look much younger. It may enlighten your skin tone and complexion and make you look attractive and fresh for the day. Various lipstick colors and forms vary from occasion to occasion.
On a formal occasion, one may choose a matte form with a slightly light to medium shade, whereas at a college party one may choose a glossy form with a light pink/orange shade. The right form and color may just help you look even more attractive and younger.
How Lipstick Makes You Look Younger?
The first group of researchers viewed different pictures of people with differentiated ages and concluded that as time passes; the skin darkens, leaving the eyes, lips, and eyebrows light. Summarizing to mean, we lose contrast with our face.
To view how these changes affect our judgment of the age of the faces, scientists artificially increased these facial contrasts in the same pictures to judge whether age of old people. As a result, the faces with a load of contrast on their faces seemed younger, even though they were the same age as before but with a tint of color. More importantly, the look of a lipstick shade depends on the skin tone.
The Right Shade For Different Skin Tones
- For fair skin tones: Mauves tend to look matronly (and safe), a bright pink lipstick will accentuate your adventurous side. There is nothing exquisite about the shade electric pink, and like it cool tinge, it goes very well with light skin.
- For beige skin: Those with this coloring should keep things subtle with a neutral lip color; it will bring out the innate flush in your cheeks without even the complement of blush.
- For golden skin tones: A caramelized tone combined with a tulip hue looks good on golden skin. This shade is a very bright companion to the golden skins.
- For dark skin tones: The first shade that comes to mind is red, but do remember, the darker the color, the thinner your lips will look. Instead, try on some rainbow colors, like raspberry or magenta. Bright and blooming colors will make your lips look fuller and plumper.
- For olive skin tones: Decorate an olive complexion with orange-like coral colors. Using fruity colors to complement your lips with your skin can be a great choice. A pink shade can really bring out the outline of your lips. As we age, the outline of our lips become distorted, and it becomes hard to apply lipstick on. Fruity colors can easily find their way to the lips, no matter what age.
Ways To Improve Application
The solution may be to apply a combination of contouring shades to your skin. Prefer to purchase a palette that serves natural pink shades and experiment them on to find the perfect shade for your skin color. For a smooth and effective application, fill the center of your lips with a lighter shade of pink and blend the outline with a darker pink.
While deciding a shade never lookout to apply a shade that is your favorite. It may or may not help you look younger, as sometimes the color that you find best may not be the one for you. You may ask a friend or cosmetic consulter, for a much honest suggestion.
However, it is not sure that it will give a huge effect. In some cases, it may give a huge change whereas in some cases, it may give a slight change, this thus varies from person to person and skin tone to skin tone. There are many points to be kept in mind before the application of lipstick. Sometimes lipstick will not make you look younger as proper lip care has not been done.
The following are seen as common mistakes:
- Not using a lip liner before application of lipstick.
- Having cranky and dry lips.
- Application of the lipstick right away from the top.
- Applying a light shade in the middle of the lips.
As when you avoid using lip liners before applying lipstick, this will usually cause the lipstick to spread outside your lip and can get messy at times. Dry lips cause cracks and are seen as a major sign of aging. Using the lipstick right away from its tip can cause marks out of your lips and may not look quite attractive.
Applying a light shade in the middle of the lips would mean low contrast, the lower, the older you would look. To make your lipstick bold, the same shade should be used on the entire lip, different shades may be applied if you are looking for fun party look. The size of the lips is a very important contributing factor as well.
Shades are to be applied according to what size your lips are of. Lighter lipsticks make your lips look fuller whereas dark lipsticks make your lips look thinner.
This could vary from the personal preferences of people, whether they would want their lips to appear fuller or thinner. Most lipsticks look much more attractive when it is applied on moisturized skin and hence helps in providing a smooth texture and amazing finishing touch.
Face Structure Contribution To Use of Lipstick
The face structure also plays an important role while deciding the lip color. Face structure varies a lot, and some colors of lipstick may not suit according to their face structure. It may make a face look grumpy, old, and weak, and may have the alternate too.
It is hard to judge which color suits which face color, consulting a cosmetic consulter would help you judge which color/texture would seem suitable for the face structure you have, Important to be noted down while choosing what lipstick color would make you look younger.
To conclude, it has been proven by science, bold colors of lipstick make you look younger. Bold lipstick doesn’t only help you look young but also keeps you on day to day changing trends. It is always beneficial to approach a cosmetic consulter, as due to a rapidly changing world, it is hard to state which is a safe product and would avoid harming your lips.
Nowadays, every color/shade is available in almost every different form (glossy, matte, etc.). There are numerous factors to be taken into account while deciding what lipstick color makes you look younger, such as age, skin tone, face structure, size of lips and the contrast that your face skin has with your eyes, lips, and eyebrows. Everybody enjoys looking young, and lipstick can help you with an extra bonus of making you look attractive and keeping you on day to day changing trends.