Wearing makeup makes you feel beautiful. There is no denying it. That complete look, with flawless skin and amazingly highlighted cheekbones. There is no woman on earth who would not like that. But having makeup on face is always tricky as skin seem to emit more oil than usual when people are wearing makeup.
To absorb that excessive oil so that makeup does not get destroyed, a special tool is invented; these are known as blotting paper. A blotting paper is used to absorb oil from the face. Everyone knows that there are few sensitive points on the face, which has more oil production. For instance; nose, forehead, or below the nose.
There is this formation, the T formation which involves forehead and nose which has most oil with or without makeup on. Blotting paper help us with problems which can destroy our makeup or make it look cakey.
Today, we will be looking into the matter when we run out of blotting paper while the need for it is highest. What to do then? I say, without wasting a minute, look at their reciprocals. These substitutes will offer the exact same service which a blotting paper does. Let’s have a look.
What Is A Blotting Paper?
A soft paper-like material which is used to absorb excess oil or ink is known as blotting paper. The usage of a blotting paper is not limited to just face or ink but to absorb any such thing which is in liquid form like sweating, tears, etc.
We humans have pores everywhere on our body. On the face, these pores let out oil, which can be due to any reason from cleanliness to face texture. When the oil appears, it disturbs the makeup composition. That is why oil needs to be absorbed to keep the makeup look fresh and not flaky.
Therefore, blotting paper is created which are specially designed to perform the absorbing of oil. That is why they are well known among the makeup products. When we use a blotting paper in makeup, it is to absorb the excess oil that appears before and after the application of makeup on the T mark.
Almost every female is aware of them and they keep an extra pair of blotting paper in their purses so whenever they feel the need to correct the makeup, it is there.
Those who wear makeup are well aware of the fact that if the oil is left as it is, then makeup will look flaky or cakey. That is not good at all. Therefore, blotting paper is just as important as a primer or any other makeup item.
Blotting Paper’s Perfect Replacements:
No matter how excellent this blotting paper is, but it is also a constant source of worry as well. What if the blotting paper finishes when we need it? What to do? How to fix the makeup? This very thought that our makeup is not going to stay just because we are out of blotting paper, bring extreme tension to women. Therefore, their perfect substitutes were invented.
An interesting fact is that all the substitutes are already present in the house. It was only a matter of time when we realized their importance in another field as well. There are many things which can be used instead of blotting paper. They are as under:
- Paper towels: paper towels absorb the liquid just like blotting paper. Though the amount of absorbing is less than the original one, it will help you when you are in dire need to fix your makeup or have the excessive oil absorbed.
Paper towels are always present in the house and carrying a couple of those causes no harm. Plus, if not used to makeup, you will always have something to clean your hand with.
- Toilet papers: the idea may seem gross, but these thin and transparent papers are excellent in absorbing liquid. So, when you know you are out of blotting paper, and you need some immediately, never hesitate and use one of the toilet papers. They will offer you the same experience as blotting paper.
- Paper napkins: who do not have paper napkins at home? Everyone has them because they are excellent. They are soft, delicate and quick to absorb such things like oil, sweat, etc. when you know that you have to fix the makeup and your blotting paper is no more, then you can always head towards paper napkin if you have one. They will help you with your makeup in the most satisfying manner, and you will be able to enjoy your makeup.
- Cigarette rolling paper: another odd but very satisfying product to use when you are short of blotting paper, cigarette rolling paper. Yes, they are absorbent, they are light, and they don’t give away very easily.
You can use them twice or thrice and then throw them away. Since they are made of such material which enables them to absorb water, oil, etc. therefore, they are one of the best blotting paper substitutes.
- Wrapping tissues: these soft, delicate paper sheets are so thin that you can easily use them instead of blotting paper. Though the specialty is not the absorbing of oil, it will still make the makeup stay fresh for a long time and oil that will stay off.
- Towels: towels may offer the job, but perfection is not guaranteed. Since towels are thick and they have wool and threads of different materials involved in its making; they can cause a little damage to the makeup if the absorbing is not done with much care.
So, if you have nothing with you, then you can rely on the towel. But please make sure that you use them very lightly and just dab the concerned area.
There is absolutely nothing to worry when you run out of blotting paper. Because there are many such items which can be used instead of it. They will offer you the same experience, and you will be able to enjoy your makeup with lasting looks and freshness alive.