First thing first, we need to understand what it is a concealer and why is it used. Concealer is usually a color used one shade lighter than the skin tone to hide the dark spots which a person has on the face. It is massively used to hide dark circles, spots caused by aging, blemishes; be it birthmarks or acne scars and all kinds of pores.
One common mistake which people make while considering concealer is that they believe that it can be used as a foundation as well. Or, the foundation can be used as a concealer. However, this is not the case. These two things are totally different from one another. Generally, it is thicker and more pigmented than normal foundations because they help to hide the imperfections with the normal skin that surrounds it.
There are many ways to use a concealer. However, everyone wants to master perfection while using concealer because it sets the base of the makeup and helps in creating a more uniform skin tone. You can never deny that you have always wanted to master the art of applying concealer so you can get the perfect coverage which is flawless.
One thing which you should keep reminding yourself is that concealers are those products which are indispensable. It can literally sense your fear, especially on the occasions when you really want to look your best. Have you ever heard of a rough base? Yes, your concealer can do that to you if you do not blend it well or it is too dry for your skin.
If you want to change the game of your makeup, then concealer is the answer to your every question. Blend it flawlessly and it can give you the perfect glam look. Make one wrong move and you can turn into a nightmare which you always dreaded. Especially since the launch of color corrector, the makeup game has totally changed leaving us all makeup junkies bewildered.
It is important for a person to select the best concealer as per the skin tone. Also, it is important to consider the texture of the concealer as it goes directly on the skin usually before anything else. It is vital therefore to consider the formula of the concealer before buying it randomly for yourself.
Therefore, when it comes to makeup, we always recommend that you should buy makeup after trying it on your skin and if you are eyeing to buy something online then go for those brands which you have already used for yourself or are currently using it.
Table of Contents
- List of 5 Best Concealers for Medium Skin Tone
- 1. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Multi-Use Concealer, Medium, 0.2 fl. oz.
- 2. NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand, Medium, 0.11 Ounce
- 3. Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer Makeup, Natural Coverage, Oil-Free, Medium, 0.23 fl. oz.
- 4. LA Girl HD Conceal High Definition Concealer (Medium Beige)
- 5. bareMinerals BarePro 16-Hour Full Coverage Concealer, Light/Medium-Neutral 05
- Frequently Asked Questions
List of 5 Best Concealers for Medium Skin Tone
In this article, we are going to help you out by picking five of the best concealer for medium skin tone. These products are rated as per the reviews and rating which the customers has given for the product. Let’s have a look at them.
1. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Multi-Use Concealer, Medium, 0.2 fl. oz.
Maybelline Instane Age Rewind Concealer is one of the best and most favorite products of makeup artists. It is also the company’s one of the best selling products. It is a gentle concealer which is surely very lightweight and helps in covering major spots by providing full coverage. This concealer also provides correction to those areas of skin which is discolored.
In addition to this, it hides dark spots, dark circles, pores, and acne as well. Its formula is so perfect that it does not get dry or cakey. There are oils that are botanical in nature infused in the concealer, making it really healthy for the skin. These oils protect and heal the skin. One dab of this concealer can be worn for whole day comfortably.
The ingredients which are used to make this concealer are totally healthy for the skin like Haloxyl which helps in providing under eye treatment. These ingredients help in nourishing the skin. This product is free from all sorts of artificiality and is considered cruelty free.
- This concealer is very lightweight and comfortable to wear for a long day.
- It has great natural ingredients that are organic thus very healthy for the skin.
- It is the concealer of the same quality which high-end makeup artists use for spot-on makeup looks.
- It is very creamy yet long-lasting.
- It is made with ingredients that are vegan and approved by PETA for usage on skin.
- It can also be used in many ways as it is highly multifunctional. It can be used as a moisturizer which is tinted, as a creamy foundation and as well as for contouring.
- It is very compact and small in size.
- Some organic oils can cause allergy to users.
- Its creamy formula might not suit oily skin really well in long term effects.
2. NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand, Medium, 0.11 Ounce
This product is ultimately the wearable concealer that easily conceals flaws, scars, imperfections, acne, dark spots as well as blemishes. The concealer can stay on your skin for as long as sixteen good hours. It is waterproof and cannot be transferred easily. The coverage is full and provides crease-free skin which also does not shine because of being oily after makeup. The packaging is very nice as it comes in a similar style as that of a lip gloss. The doe styled foot make it easy for application.
- One of the biggest pros of this concealer is that is soft on the skin. It is also considered very creamy. The formula of the concealer is so good it makes the product simple and runny rather than being extremely thick like other products.
- It is also very wet and it does not dry quickly which gives enough time for the user to blend it well on the skin. Thus, it easily sits around the eyes especially in between the fine lines.
- The product’s packaging style is also very slim and sleek. It is simple like a lip gloss. The doe-foot applicator makes it very easy to use.
- The brush helps in taking out the product from the long tube. It only costs a few dabs of the concealer for it to cover fully and well.
- It can easily live up to five to six hours on the skin.
- It does not last that long as it is supposedly said to be.
- The tube packing is indeed very slim yet when the concealer is on its end; it becomes really hard for the product to come out through the brush.
3. Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer Makeup, Natural Coverage, Oil-Free, Medium, 0.23 fl. oz.
Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Control Concealer is a product by a much-known brand ‘Maybelline’. The products of these brands focus on providing Soft yet Matte coverage which is full and has a groundbreaking effect. The formula focuses on providing the smoothest effect which easily covers the blemishes, scars and other pores. The product is so friendly that people of any age and gender can use it without worrying much about the consequences.
In addition to this, the brand provides a great range which helps every person with varying skin tones. Especially the product which we have chosen goes well for the medium skin tone people. The matte effect is good for those people who have oily skin and want to minimize the oily effect which they get even after doing makeup.
- It provides great coverage which is full and velvety. It is best suitable for acne-prone skins that have scars or blemishes. It can easily hide dark circles and under-eye bags.
- The concealer is waterproof therefore it makes it very long-lasting. It can easily stay on the skin without getting cakey or cracking up for almost all day long.
- It has a very smooth texture which gives a fine base for the makeup.
- It also protects the skin as it is dermatologically tested.
- The bottle is small and has a doe shape foot which makes it difficult for the last bit of concealer to come out.
- For dry skin, it gets really matte and gives a very disastrous look as not blended in very well.
4. LA Girl HD Conceal High Definition Concealer (Medium Beige)
The widest range of concealer comes from LA Girl Pro. The brand goes with the label LA Girl Pro Conceal HD. It has the largest range of creamy concealers. In addition to this, for the coverage on the full opaque level, the brand has also introduced wide variety of color correctors.
Even though these concealers come in a creamy texture, still they are very lightweight and do not feel oily. Because of being lightweight, they also give off very smooth texture and are crease-free. These concealers help in hiding all the imperfections like pores, acne marks, dark spots, under-eye bags, and dark circles. The company makes these concealers in tubes which eventually give off easy usage to the users.
- First and foremost, this concealer is very easily applicable because of being in a tube.
- The concealer is lightweight.
- It is also very easy to blend.
- Because of being creamy in texture, it resists getting creasy.
- Lastly, the company makes a wide range of concealer shades.
- One of the biggest drawbacks is that this concealer has parabens in it.
- This concealer is so creamy that it does not really suit dry skin.
- It does not provide full form of coverage rather it gives either light coverage or medium coverage.
- Also, if you go on to buy it online then the swatch images do not really match the original shades of the concealer.
5. bareMinerals BarePro 16-Hour Full Coverage Concealer, Light/Medium-Neutral 05
The product is very user-friendly as it comes in the shape of a stick. It is simple and easy to use. The design of the stick i.e. the easily rotatable middle part helps in the usage of product in a better way. One thing which is really impressive is that the stick hosts two products, a concealer, and a contour. The multi-dimensional look is the one that really helps the product in being consumers’ favorite.
- Improves and lights up the complexion, and gives a multi-dimensional look cut.
- Simple to blend, shading buildable, waterproof and long-lasting, long-enduring and simple to wear.
- Simple to convey and apply, contouring cosmetics for a characteristic look, make your face shimmery and alluring.
- The Highlight and Contour Stick is accessible in 3 diverse shade mixes to fit each skin tone, including one all-inclusive shade.
- Enhance your look with our generally useful miracle Stick that has a velvety completion that hides, features and shapes easily.
- It is so solid that it does not really swatch that well.
- Also, the stick becomes really sticky over a period of time.
- The ingredients which go into the making of this are not really organic like talc, borosilicate, sodium-calcium borosilicate, phenyl trimethicone, and magnesium silicate, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of a concealer?
The purpose of the concealer is to perfectly cover the blemishes, aging spots, dark circles, scars, acne, and pores.
Are these concealers suitable for every skin type?
Usually, one should buy concealer keeping the formula and its texture in the mind. The concealers which are oily and creamy usually sit well with dry skins. However, matte formula concealers are best for oily skin.
How to choose the best concealer?
Use a swatch of the concealer which you are planning to buy and let it sit on your skin for a while. It helps in choosing better.
When should we apply a concealer, before or after the foundation?
It totally depends on how you choose to do your makeup and whatever suits you best as a makeup artist.
Concealer is a very important makeup product especially for those who have acne-prone skin or get scars easily. It is similarly also important to those who have dark circles, blemishes or have uneven skin tones. It is vital to choose the best concealer for oneself because it sets the base of makeup.